Monday, December 5, 2011

Tis the Season

You know that song, "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year?" Yeah. Well I really believe that song. True, things seem even crazier than normal but there is just such a feeling of excitement, anticipation, joy,
family-ishness (yes, I just made up a word), mystery, and general delightfulness that I cannot help but *love* it. My only regret about it is that there is never enough time to enjoy it all  before it is here and over and the new year has begun.

As soon as Thanksgiving is over, I persuade my family to put up the tree and decorate the house. We have special decorations that bring back treasured memories each year when I pull them out. My mom gives us each a new ornament each year, and, so, I have a collection dating back to my very first Christmas. Pulling the ornaments out of the box and hanging them on the tree is like being reunited with dear friends.





Of course, playing Christmas music while decorating the tree is an absolute must as is making and eating peppermint bark and hot chocolate. We always laugh and joke around and quote Elf and declare that "This Christmas is going to be the best Christmas Ever!"

Our house is decorated, inside and out, Christmas music is playing, and the Christmas Spirit is high. With any luck, it is quite possible our prediction will be correct. Happy Christmas Season, Everyone!


1 comment:

busymomof10 said...

Great pics! Great post!

where would we be without you to get the ball rolling when it comes to decorating for Christmas??? You and Joe are so awesome about taking charge of that and making it happen! Thanks for lighting up our home with your smile and your christmas cheer -- all year!