Friday, December 2, 2011

Giving Thanks with a Grateful Heart

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. In fact, maybe it is my Favorite holiday. I love Christmas...but I love the Christmas SEASON. Once Christmas is actually here, it is basically over. At Thanksgiving, you have the same sense of family togetherness and celebration and all of the Christmas delight is still AHEAD of you. This Thanksgiving was wonderful as usual.

It started on Tuesday with the Thanksgiving Luncheon at school and early release!! YES!! On Wednesday, I drove to Macon for my weekly piano lesson and then returned home to help with the Thanksgiving prep.

Thursday morning, we rose early to participate in the Turkey Trot, a local Fun Run and 5K. Bethany and I did the Fun Run (which by the way, WHY do they call it the "fun" run?? It didn't feel fun to me!!) Chris, Hannah, Luke, and Matt did the 5K. It was the perfect way to start Thanksgiving Day, and then we all headed back home for a delicious homemade breakfast of grits, eggs, biscuits, and bacon.




After breakfast, I made the pies (pumpkin and apple) while watching the Macy's Day Parade, a tradition of course!

Then we worked together to set the table, finish the last minute food items, and get ready for our bountiful feast. 










My handsome bros

Later that day, we gathered by the fire (See what I mean?? other time of fire making actually occuring in Brunswick!!) and watched Happy Thanksgiving, Charlie Brown and dozed and snuggled and ate pie.



It was wonderful to be together with family and get a chance to pause and thank God for all of His wonderful blessings. He has given me so, so much, and I thank Him for His mercy and grace in giving me so many rich and wonderful treasures which I do not deserve.



2 comments:

Pamela M M Berkeley said...

Aww, sounds so nice and family-y. With a family as large as yours, how could it not be though? There's only three of us, and so with Beth (my older sister) in Peru with her husband for Thanksgiving, it was just me, my younger sister and my parents. It was nice, and we watched a movie together after dinner and it was good... but somehow only having four people around the table doesn't leave you with the holiday fuzzies. And after the movie, Alison ran off to her fiance's family house for dessert, so then it was just the three of us.

busymomof10 said...

Wonderful post! we have so much to be thankful for and Thanksgiving is always a special day at our house! Although, it did seem a bit strange to have such a small crowd at our house this year! However, I have a feeling that it was only the eye of the storm! Should be getting crazier by the year from here on out as we add boyfriends/girlfriend, fiances, wives and eventually babies (gasp) to the mix!!!! ;)