Monday, November 3, 2008

Weekend Whirlwind

Another busy weekend come and gone! This weekend started off with a bang with my brothers' last home football game. It was senior night, so my brother Taylor was recognized, which was cool. It was an exciting and close game, but our team won 21-20! I was very excited. This win resulted in Sherwood's having its first winning season ever 6-4. So that made it doubly wonderful. My sister, Ashlyn, and good friend (and adopted sister!), Bethany Cook, drove from Greenville, SC to join us for the game and spend the weekend. It was a chilly night for South Georgia, so we brought out our sweaters and coats (in Sherwood colors of course!) and snuggled in for the game. Of course, we also kept warm by cheering and screaming and stamping our feet! By the time the game was over, our throats were sore and our voices hoarse. But it was worth it. I like to think that somehow all that cheering helped the boys to win the game. : ) (Although somehow I kind of think that all their grueling practices had more to do with it.) It was an especially exciting game for me because I felt that I had finally reached my goal - to be able to watch a football game and actually semi understand what was going on. I've never really gotten football - I mean, why in the world a bunch of guys would want to go out there and beat each other up is beyond me! I've never really understood what the whole big fascination in it was. Now take ice skating, ballet, or gymnastics. THOSE are worth watching. But I guess that's a post for another day. : )
We spent Saturday hanging out with Ashlyn and Bethany. We three girls hit the gym in the morning, then went to find clothes for our new and improved bodies, and finished out the day with a very boisterous family game of Catch Phrase (which is pretty much one of the coolest games ever!) and ice cream sundaes (which of course undid all the hard work in the gym that morning!).
Sunday, of course, was church. I got up earlier than normal to try and squeeze a little more practice in before my piano lesson that afternoon (I am continuing my music instruction with a teacher in Talahassee, FL who teaches at FSU and whom my teacher at Converse, Dr. Weeks, helped me find.) After church, we ate quickly before I left for my lesson and Ashlyn and Bethany left to go back to EI. I had been nervous about my lesson as it was only my second one and I wasn't quite sure what my teacher's expectations were. I never feel that I've practiced enough before my lessons, so I'm often nervous anyway. But, with a new teacher, it's especially scary because you don't know exactly how much they were expecting you to learn. But my lesson went fine, and I came back home with plenty to work on and renewed motivation to practice hard.

The rest of Sunday passed in a blur and now here it is a new week all over again! Counting the days until next weekend...

1 comment:

busymomof10 said...

That was a great description of our wild and wonderful weekend! I had planned to post about it today too, but felt stirred to write about the elections instead. Be sure and check out my latest post!