Wednesday, February 1, 2012

God's Measuring Stick

Ever feel like no matter how hard you try, you just don't measure up? I feel like that a lot. It is probably the perfectionist in me, but I just want to excel and exceed in all areas of life and when I don't and when others think I don't and when I think I don't, it can be very discouraging. I always try to do the right thing, and I think that others should be able to see that and not criticize what they do not understand. But, of course, life is not always like that, people don't understand and they do criticize and I don't understand them and I criticize. Sad but true. The good news? God doesn't expect me to be perfect. In fact, He knows I never can. And when God uses His measuring stick, He does look at my intent. God sees how hard I am trying and how badly I want to do right, and He is pleased. "Man looks on the outward appearance, but God looks on the heart." People may look at appearances and results, as they see them, and say I don't measure up, but God looks at my motives and intentions, as they really are, and He says through Christ I am perfect and complete. Now that is good to hear.

2 comments:

busymomof10 said...

Excellent thoughts!

Nicajoice said...

Yes, He sees our pure intentions. Thanks for reminding us about this! :)

Nica
http://nicajoice.blogspot.com